Cinderella’s palace at Disney World’s Magic Kingdom will soon get some competition as White Castle plans on opening its biggest location ever in Orlando as early as next year.
The restaurant will be 4,500-square-feet and located at the Village at O-Town West, a new development near Disney World and Universal Studios with a boardwalk, restaurants, shops, condos, and a “clear lagoon-style water body.” In a statement about the $1 billion property, developer Chuck Whittall stated, “It’s important that we have special restaurants. We’re going to create a boardwalk that goes all around the water, so people can go there, go to a restaurant, go to a bar, and listen to live music — just to have a place to really spend the evening at.”
An evening that includes a visit to Florida’s first White Castle since the 1960s. The Orlando Sentinel reports that the location will employ “about 145 people,” but “company officials did not announce any other possible locations in the state at Monday’s event.”
Sure, Disney World might still be the most magical place on Earth, but do they sell Crave Cases? Your fave Mickey could never.
- Here’s one woman’s harrowing first-hand account of working at Boston Market over Thanksgiving. [Delish]
- Did you know there’s a gaming headset that feeds you Pringles? Am I wearing it right now? I’ll crunch never crunch tell. [Engadget]
- Mutton is planning a big comeback. It should try dressing as lamb. [NPR]
- The annual mass romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak has now reached 19 states, sickening at least 67 people. [NYT]
- With delivery reigning supreme, some restaurants are offering discounts to customers willing to dine in-house. [NBC News]
- Your store-bought olive oil could be swill! [Roll Call]
- Finally, may we all be blessed with a romance as passionate as the one Henry Winkler has with a post Thanksgiving sandwich:
CAN NOT wait until Friday … the next day sandwich on Wonder Bread…with crispy stuffing , Mayo , Ocean Spray
Cranberry and TURKEY .. O MY
— Henry Winkler (@hwinkler4real) November 26, 2019