Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate appetizer for any occasion. SUPER delicious, you will love how fast and simple they are to make!
Stuffed mushrooms with a gourmet taste, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. A cream cheese and mayo combination makes these some of the best Crab Stuffed Mushrooms to hit your table. They are a hit!
CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS
If you’re planning on entertaining any time soon, there’s nothing like a good spread of crowd-pleasing appetizers to keep your guests happy. A table full of Cocktail Meatballs (with sweet and sour sauce), Bloomin’ Onion Garlic Bread, Spinach Artichoke Dip and a Cheeseboard sounds incredible. However, Stuffed Mushrooms are super popular and always a welcome addition to your holiday menu… or any menu.
Crab stuffed mushrooms are even better! With every bite, you get the crunch on the outside thanks to broiling the Panko topping, then the soft and creamy inside filled with crab meat, green onions and herbs. Add the added juicy texture of that fleshy and meaty mushroom and you have one successful appetizer.
HOW DO YOU CLEAN MUSHROOMS?
Wipe mushrooms dry with a damp sheet of paper towel, then remove stems and scoop out gills. Please don’t wash or soak them in water as they will take on too much liquid and release the water while they cook.
HOW TO MAKE CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- Stuff your mushroom caps with a mouthwatering crab dip: the perfect ratio of mayo to cream cheese, garlic, green onions, parmesan cheese, Panko breadcrumbs, herbs and of course crab meat.
- Use a baking sheet with 1-inch sides to keep any juices released while cooking in the pan and prevent a mess in your oven.
- Arrange them in single layer to bake. You want them to cook evenly.
WHAT KIND OF MUSHROOMS?
I use white and brown mushrooms in our recipe, and Portobellos are another great option to use if you’re looking to serve them as a meal, like these Caprese Portobellos.
Try to find white mushrooms big enough to hold the stuffing. Keep in mind mushrooms will reduce in size quite a bit, so the bigger you find them, the better! Using roughly the same sized mushrooms ensure they cook evenly.
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST CRAB STUFFED MUSHROOMS!
- I use fresh crab meat in this recipe found in most seafood markets.
- You can also use refrigerated, frozen or tinned (drained) crab meat if you wish.
- If crab meat is unavailable to you, you can try imitation crab, chopped shrimp or lobster meat for something different.
- I prefer Panko for this recipe, but you can use regular breadcrumbs.
- I love mixing my breadcrumbs with oil to get an incredible crunch with each mouthful.
- For Keto or low carb alternatives, you can skip the breadcrumbs and use pork rinds!
HOW LONG DO YOU BAKE STUFFED MUSHROOMS?
Crab stuffed mushrooms take 18 minutes to cook in the oven, then broil for a further 2 minutes to get them nice and crispy!
Good luck getting them out to your guests without trying one first! It won’t happen.
Crab Dip Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate delicious appetiser for any occasion! SUPER delicious, this simple recipe makes mushrooms taste so good!
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total: 35 mins
Serves: 15 stuffed mushrooms
- 15 large white mushrooms,
- 1 cup (8oz | 250g) cooked crab or lobster meat
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs, divided — OPTIONAL! Leave out for low carb mushrooms
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup spreadable cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions, (I use 3 stalks — green and white parts)
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced (or 4 small cloves)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375°F (175°C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet with cooking oil spray.
Wipe mushrooms clean with damp paper towel. Remove stems and scoop out gills. Discard.
Arrange mushrooms on baking sheet. Lightly spray mushrooms with olive oil spray; set aside.
In a large bowl combine crab meat, 1/3 cup Panko crumbs, parmesan, mayo, cream cheese, garlic, green onions, herbs, salt and pepper.
Stuff each mushroom cap generously with the crab dip (about 1 – 1 /2 tablespoons per mushroom).
Combine oil and remaining Panko crumbs until evenly coated. Sprinkle the panko mixture over the tops of the mushrooms.
Bake for 18 minutes or until edges become golden, then broil (or grill) for a further 2 minutes until golden all over with crispy tops. Serve immediately.
Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 239mg | Potassium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 132IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg